Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To blog or not to blog?

It's a commitment, to be sure.

Creating a blog, recruiting readers, some unneeded pressure perhaps.  Yet, possibly therapeutic in a way.  A way to summon support from others who "get it" at times we really "need it".

But still.  Do I want to put so much focus on this part of our lives.  This part I try so very hard to just make a "detail" of our life.  Not the definition of it.

There are times like now that I feel like diabetes is at the wheel.  It's driving, not me.  Times like now with so much focus on fundraising for our walk Saturday.  Times like now when, even without an A1C test to confirm, I just know it's not going well.  Like now, when I'm extremely focused on getting tighter control.  Exhausted from checking her 4, sometimes 5 times a night to get our insulin ratios in check.  It's paying off.  I see that she is happier, has more energy, isn't so moody.  It's worth it.

So maybe I just post once a week.  Or, more... if it's note worthy.  Or, less... if I'm overwhelmed (my husband HATES that word by the way.)

If I'm going to do this, I definitely need to figure out how to make this blog page look pretty!

2 comments:

  1. WELCOME!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

    You'll figure out the pretty details in time....that's the nice thing about blogging :)

    You just jump in when you can, step back when you need to and we're all still here in between sugar checks.

    So happy to see you in BLOGLAND and LOVE the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll like it here... I'm addicted! It's what keeps me sane. It's where I can express my feelings. Even the ones I don't always talk about. The support of the amazing D Mamas out there is intense... and such a blessing!

    Take it slow or jump right in. There's no right or wrong way to do it! I'm glad you're here and glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete